Thursday, September 13, 2012

Breakup Kit

About 9 months ago I was dumped. Bad. I was an absolute wreck. Couldn't get out of bed, couldn't eat (this never happens to me) could barely speak for days, it was gnarly. If it weren't for my friends (thanks cheeks) I don't think I would have made it through. But luckily they were there in all their best friend glory to help me through what has been the most painful heartache I have yet to endure. In times of your own or a friends heartbreak I recommend the following breakup kit.

1. No boys allowed, even if you have the most fantastic understanding boyfriend ever, the last thing a girl wants to see is a loving couple when her heart feels like its been ripped out. 

2. Plenty of food, good bad and the junky. Every girl is different so make sure you have anything that she could possibly want on hand, take a cue from Gilmore Girls. 

Pre-Made Kit available here
3. TV Series are an excellent way to monopolize your mind and time when you are going through a breakup, Gilmore Girls ( a great women empowerment choice and they are my idols), Lost ( you will be so confused about the show you might just stop crying and get distracted), Dexter (just disturbing enough to distract you, and just funny enough to possibly get you to smile). 

4. Movies- tread lightly hear ladies, there are far too many movies that you remember being one way and the next thing you know you are sobbing for hours because it was a tragic ending or they lived happily ever after together (puke). This happened to me once when I had my best friend watch Sense and Sensibility, oops NOT RECOMMENDED FOR A BREAK UP. Anything with Sandra Bullock or Julia Roberts made me feel better in my darkest hours. Hope Floats, Miss Congeniality, All about Steve, Two weeks Notice, Practical Magic, Something to Talk About, Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride (haha, the irony is not lost on me), Erin Brokovich, My Best Friends Wedding. These are all sure to make you feel a little hope for something else to come after a breakup. 

5. And finally be there for your friend, (or let your friends be there for you) most all women have been in the same fetal position wishing the pain would go away but all we can do is be there for each other with whatever we need.  



No comments:

Post a Comment