Thursday, September 20, 2012

Just keep running, Just keep running ......

Pure Happiness at the finish line
Last weekend a few of my wolfies and I ran the Giants Race , it was my first run that I have ever done and I decided that the best idea would be to not train at all and just kind of wing it. I was really nervous beforehand because the longest I have ever run was 2 miles and that was usually a struggle, running just isn't my thing. Despite all of my trepidation I actually ran the ENTIRE 10k and finished in 1 hour and 11 min!! I was unbelievably proud that I pushed myself to do it and proved to myself (and everyone else) that I was capable! With all of that said- I don't think I will ever run a 10k again, maybe a 5k. I am still sore and it was 5 days ago. Two of my wolfies ran the 10k as well and then our champion wolfie ran the Half Marathon! She did great, and I was super impressed!

I am really glad that I did it, and even more glad that it is over with!

I would love to hear some challenging things that you have pushed yourself to do!!

cheek!

Al

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first run! Such a cute picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you still had energy to jump after that run??

    ReplyDelete