Monday, September 17, 2012

Privacy Please

In this day and age of Facebook, twitter and Instagram it is pretty obvious that people in general are not very private. They display their entire lives for everyone and anyone to see (case and point blogging) and yet often  I hear friends or family who are very very active on all social media say they are private people. well come on now! are you really? i for one am not a private person i cannot keep anything to myself. i am an open book with my life with my emotions and with my opinions (sometimes to a fault) but sometimes i wonder if being so open and honest can be detrimental to myself, as if i am giving too much away and even more so how all of this social media is affecting everyone that very same way.

Have we thrown away the little mystery that each person should hold dear? Should we start learning to keep our mouths (including virtual mouths) shut before we ruin it?


al 


1 comment: